Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Anti-Utility of Chicken Humanity

Workers in the USA are not paid for their labor hours; They aren't paid for their effort; They aren't even paid for their production. Workers are paid for the privilege of their title. This is not pure nepotism, as is often thought, but is a more archaic concept, called simony.  

Money is a lie. It doesn't store value. It stores social position, to be dispensed at the leisure of an official.

If you intend to work hard to succeed, you are going to fail. If you intend to work smarter, not harder, then you are going to fail. But if you intend to vie for a higher ecclesiastical position, then you just might succeed. The idea is not to have as a goal some sort of production, but instead, to compete for a higher position, regardless its utility.

The best you can hope for as an employee, clerical, technical, or kinetic, is not to be rewarded more for your success, but to be awarded a higher title for your success, or even for your popularity. In this sense, academia is doing the world a disservice, since they are creating an ecclesiastical barrier to promotion that cannot be purchased through merit. It can only be purchased through a dispensation of social privilege.




Let me make myself clear: You can be an excellent student; you can demonstrate your achievement through a test; you can volunteer and do everything right; but if you aren't popular and aren't the recipient of enormous social privilege in some other way, don't bother applying to medical school. It's literally the most important factor. (It was also factored into everything else you did, no matter whether you noticed.) But even if you overcome all those obstacles, not being popular will still keep you out. You'll get to the pearly gates, and God will ask, 'How did a plebeian make it this far? Need we redesign our rigging?' The medical prep books don't tell you this, but it's true and good to say.

After all that, I am left in awe at the idea, 'How many Jews did anti-Antisemitism exclude from CCUNY?' Lord Oghma, Binder of What Is Known, forgives you, my friends.

 11Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all [was] vanity and vexation of spirit, and [there was] no profit under the sun. 12And I turned myself to behold wisdom, and madness, and folly: for what [can] the man [do] that cometh after the king? [even] that which hath been already done. 13Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.

I have become wise like my teachers, who heaped mockery on unjust wounds, though I know less about medicine. I was a scientist, and you were a cleric -- and now I am a cleric.

No comments:

Post a Comment